Monday, April 11, 2016

Remembering Everly!!


Remembering Everly by JL Berg

Date of Publication: April 5, 2016

Blurb


He's forgotten his past, but it hasn't forgotten him. After losing two years of his life trapped in a coma, August Kincaid will do anything to win back the love of his life. But his past threatens to destroy his second chance at happiness, it's Everly who is in danger of paying for his crimes.

Available From











"As much as I wanted to find myself - break free from the dependency I'd developed over the years - I knew it was just an front to cover up the real truth. I was running. Again."

Remembering Everly is the continuation is Everly and August's story and picks up where Forgetting August left off. I was lucky because I read these books back to back so the story was fresh in my mind. 

I really liked Forgetting August. I connected with the characters and the story was beautifully written. I really enjoyed JL Berg's writing but I struggled with this one for the first 40% or so, I'm not going to lie. I had trouble understanding why Everly would go back to her fiancĂ©, Ryan immediately after leaving August when she was clearly no longer in love with him. I found her flaky and juvenile and it pissed me off at times the way she flip-flopped between the men and I didn't really feel like she was ever really in love with Ryan. He seemed to be a place holder for her and nothing more (sorry, just my opinion).  I knew she had the potential to be a strong independent heroine and I was glad when she proved me right.  

Now, August...he did everything he could to protect Everly from his past even going so far as to accept that she was going to marry another man. He is love for her never stopped and I felt the way his memories tormented and tortured him while he struggled to figure out the truth about the past. I loved that he found his way finally and became the man he needed to be. 

Both characters were flawed, I didn't think I could forgive August for the way he treated Everly prior to the accident but as the story unfolded it was easy to see why he did what he did. 

I enjoyed the progression of the story and the growth that both Everly and August showed in this book. They grew as individuals and as a couple and I was glad that they got their HEA. 

3.5 stars







About JL Berg



Author J.L. Berg is a California native living in the South. She is the author of the self-pubbed Ready series. When she's not writing, you can find her with her nose stuck in a romance book, in a yoga studio, or devouring anything chocolate.

Find JL Berg Online

Hosted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment