Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My 5 star review of Grayson's Vow!!





My 5 star review of Grayson’s Vow

Not once have I started a Mia Sheridan book that I’ve hated. She is the auto click author for a reason. Everything she writes, I fall in love with. From the lovable and broody heroes, to the strong as nails heroines, the secondary characters that make the MC’s come alive, the plot that is so developed its almost as if it really happened, the themes that run throughout her books- true love, and determination. 

And even when the setting is less than hopeful- something magical happens in the story and hope springs to life. I am always asking questions, always wanting to know how the story ends. And I usually read her books in one setting. And while I have a soft spot for all of the Heroes of The Sign of Love series, each one is special to me in their own right.


 I swooned over Leo, had my panties melted by Carson, too many words to describe my Archer baby, planted hope with Calder, and cheered for Kyland- combine all of those heroes into one, and you have Grayson Hawthorn. And even though I saw the cover of Grayson’s Vow and knew, just KNEW I would be falling all over again- I didn’t read a blurb- not a single synopsis. I went in blind- knowing I wanted it all from the beginning. And I got it all, and then some.

“Today may be a very bad day, but tomorrow may be the best day of your life. You just have to hang on until you get there.”

Kira Dallaire lead what could be considered a lavish life, from outside the looking glass. Full of high society dinners, tea parties, and all the things that make the rich get richer. Her father being in the political world, it was expected of Kira to behave a certain way. But from the inside, her life was much different. I admire Kira SO much. She quite literally makes lemonade out of lemons. She truly is a little witch, enchanting in all the right ways. And even though she may have some Very Bad Ideas, I think they aren’t all outlandish and she does end up landing the prize- love and happiness. And even when there were bad days, she had her Grams voice in her head.

“If you were worth more… if indeed. With that mighty IF and four quarters, I could buy something off the dollar menu at McDonalds.”

Grayson Hawthorn brought up thinking he was worthless. And until his father died, he believed it. His father left him the Hawthorn Vineyard, and he vowed to bring it back and make it the prosperous place that he remembered growing up. But that takes money, money which he didn’t have. And his reputation isn’t the best- but all over one thing, that turns out to be a mistake. After some setbacks, Grayson starts to wonder if it’s worth it, if HE’S worth it.

And although they both form matter-of-fact opinions about each other when they first meet- it becomes clear that the Prince and the Pauper become the Little Witch and the Scaly Dragon, and I always imagined the real story was between the witch and the dragon…They both REALLY got under the others skin- but it was in the small moments, they really didn’t. Their thoughts and dreams contained what they really wanted- each other!

"He looked like every hero in every fairy tales I’d ever dreamed, come to life. And, God, I wanted to believe in heroes again."

"How wrong I’d been about the little witch. How completely, utterly wrong. AS I looked into her forgiving eyes, something inside me felt as if it unclenched and began to drift away."


.This book has everything and more. This story. It was in the way the little witch loved the scaly dragon. And in that way- I fell in love. From the very big to the very small. At last, my heart whispered, at last. I love you my Mia and your words, they touch a part of my soul and light it on fire- each and every time. You are more. You are worth it. I love each and every part of you!!! and if you are smart, you will pick this book up and fall in love with Mia’s writing, like I do- each and every time I read her books. Do it. You won’t regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment