Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Room For Just a Little Bit More

My 5 star review of Room for a little bit More

Beth Ehemann is one of my auto authors- meaning I will buy her work, regardless of what its about. So if she wrote, let’s say, about killer puppies who take over the planet Zorg, I would still read it (I might question her sanity- but still, I would read it) because she is that good of a writer. People who don’t read- won’t understand it, but when someone has a passion for writing it really shows. And Beth has that. That being said, this book was the perfect summation to the perfect series. Beth’s characters are very real people to me. And it was like watching friends of mine get ready for their big day.

Brody, as always, is very Brody. He does everything with such a passion and zest for life- and he definitely is still that way in this novel. They things he does for Kacie and the way he takes care of her, Lucy, Piper and all of Kacie’s family- and his own, is something I looked for when finding a mate, luckily I found my own Brody too.

“I’m more than ready.” I sat up, looking him straight in the eye. “I want to marry that girl today, before she realized she can do way better than me and changes her mind.”

Kacie is such a sweet heroine, ever the worried and protective mama bear, but slowly letting her guard down. Letting Zach be a part of their lives, was such a big step for her- I am proud of how she has grown since meeting Brody. I feel like he gives her courage and strength, which is what all good partners do- they balance each other. They have that with one another.

“I knew it was the dress I was supposed to walk down the aisle in. I knew it was the dress I was supposed to say my vows to my fiancĂ© in. I knew it was the dress I was supposed to dance with my husband in, and I knew it was the dress that would be tossed on the floor at the end of the night when I made love to that husband for the first time officially.”

I mean how can you not love her after things she writes like that?
I love how Brody was super alpha with the girls and Kacie, but also how to rein it in and not always be that way, but the fun loving goofball he usually is. He is alpha when he needs to be.

“While he wanted what was best for the Twinkies, every once in a while he still had to let his alpha flag fly a little bit.”

And of course all the phenomenal extra characters make appearances! I love them, the whole family- and all of Kacie and Brody’s friends; they add such a unique family dynamic to the story. And of course the Twinkies J

“I still ask myself every day what I did in a previous life to deserve you and I’m convinced I must have saves a bus full of children and puppies from falling off a cliff into a senior citizen home or something.”

And while most of the story was romantic and heart felt, she had some one-liner doozies.

“You called God’s name so many times last night that either you were enjoying yourself or you were having a massive prayer session while in bed with me.”

I don’t want to give many secrets away in this book, but trust, you need this book- like you need air. You will never regret a Beth Ehemann novel- EVER. I have perma-smile going on and finished hours ago. I can’t wait for much more from her. And in case you wondered- whatever she writes, I’m in. for the long haul; she has built a serious fan girl for life.


No comments:

Post a Comment