Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Skylar is 99 pennies!!!

One of my favorite auto authors, Penelope Ward is having a sale for 2 days only on My Skylar, and at 99 cents, it is SO totally worth it!
Grab it up and you won't regret Mitch, Skylar, and all the other characters that Penelope writes perfectly!



Amazon: http://amzn.to/1obOG2F 
B&N: http://bit.ly/SLO1qi 
iTunes: http://bit.ly/SLNOTR


My 5 star review of My Skylar

When i love an author, i love that author- HARD. One of those authors in particular for me is Penelope Ward. 

I first fell in love with Gemini- main character is Allison (my name) and i am a Gemini, so i connected with that story. Then Jake Undone- which has my number one book boyfriend, was so fantastic it was in my top three books read last year. And now the follow up, with characters from Jake, My Skylar. Damn impressive book, i mean it will be in my top three this year. 

We met Skylar and Mitch in Jake Undone when they were teenagers, and in My Skylar- we get their whole story. How they met, and what happened after their teen years. 

Mitch, god Mitch- i love him. Jake is my number one, Mitch could be my number two- i am telling you, he is that good. He fell in love with little pig-tailed Skylar at the age of 10, when his dad and his mom were getting a divorce. His dad left his mother- so he feels like there is no such thing as love, and he doesn't deserve it and he wont be able to keep it. Especially with Skylar. Then he moves away, back with his mom for five years. He comes back at 16, and sees that Pig tail Skylar, is turning into beautiful woman Skylar

"She was someone i could see myself really falling for. But there was one thing i knew for sure; i would not let things go any further than friends, fall in love with a girl like Skylar and hurt her. In my experience, love doesn't last forever and someone always gets hurt."

And while he was sweet, he was so, so sexy at the same time. 

"So when it came to her, i would keep my d*** in my pants if it killed me. Someone should start planning my funeral."
Le sigh. 
And they were really, really close the second time around, almost like brother and sister, even their moms were close.  

"The reality was the moms were lonely ex-wives of men who abandoned them. and the brother and sister secretly wanted to have sex with each other. i would say that's the epitome of dysfunctional."
 
And their first kiss scene, was one of my favorite parts, ever. 

"Are you going to give him your first kiss? 
"Probably."
The jealousy that newaly made me insane earlier returned in full force. 
"You can't do that."
"Why?"
My heart pounded in anticipation of what i was about to do. "Because i'm stealing it."

***Chills, butterflies, and goose bumps!***

I have to admit there were parts in the book that were extremely hard, being as it discussed cancer- and we knew Skylar has cancer in Jake Undone- but actually living those scenes in this book made me a mess. And for her to go through it more than once, was utterly heartbreaking. I spent so much of this book smiling, laughing, willing it to last forever- but at the same time, i cried like a baby at a lot of it two- and probably the most in the few chapters discussing the C word. Skylar is one of the strongest female characters out there, and i commend all she had to go through to get her HEA. 

"My bald head shone in the reflection of the mirror over my chest of drawers, and a tear fell. "I'm only have of me right now." 
"I'd take half of you over anything else that's whole in the world." 

I wish i could unread this book, and read it again for the first time, that is how much i loved it. You will fall in love with Mitch and Skylar- and all the other characters that make cameos (especially Jake) And you will feel all the feelings that they feel. So well written, so poignant. So well worth the read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment