Thursday, February 9, 2017

A Thousand Letters release!!




Title: A Thousand Letters
Author: Staci Hart
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 9, 2017



Blurb

Sometimes your life is split by a single decision.

I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them.

But now he’s back.

I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid.

Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance.

One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey bought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him.

*A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*














My 5 star review of A Thousand Letters
Staci Hart is brilliant, I love the subtle Jane Austen vibes, I love the poetry- but most of all I love this story. She has written one that will stick with me for a long while. It was super emotional for me. Any time you know from the beginning someone is going to pass away- you have that fear in your heart. For them, and for everyone around them. And that is how I felt the majority of this book, and I absolutely loved it!!!
Elliot is my favorite heroine of Staci’s to this point- so strong, yet so vulnerable at the same time. Completely beautiful in every way- but also wrecked and hurting. Elliot was in love with a boy, a boy who grew into a man- and she wanted to finish high school before she got married, but Wade couldn’t wait another day- and begged her to marry him and move away. Her family was less than enthused and she needed to wait. So he left- with no contact. Even though she sent him a thousand letters when he was gone, she didn’t get a single one back, so she gave up.
Wade is the alpha male brooding hero, and boy does he ever get swoony. He has his demons from going off to the army- but coming home and finding his high school sweetheart that he proposed to, with his family during a time of need- was enough to wake him up from his dream state and hopefully find his way back into Elliot’s arms.

The break between the unbelievably sad first parts, led to the relationship of Wade and Elliot in the present, in the second part. I loved their dialogue with one another. They were simply a joy to read- and while the beginning was filled with drama and hurt- the second part gave me a story of love and hope, and that’s all I really ask for in a book. I can’t wait for more of Staci’s brilliant writing!












Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited

 



Author Bio


Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can't forget that. She's also been a mom, with three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She's been a wife, even though she's certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She's also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she's been drinking whiskey. Her favorite word starts with f and ends with k.

From roots in Houston, to a seven year stint in Southern California, Staci and her family ended up settling somewhere in between and equally north, in Denver. They are new enough that snow is still magical. When she's not writing, she's sleeping, cleaning, or designing graphics.



Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment