Thursday, October 23, 2014

My 5 star review of Bait



My 5 star review of Bait
“I like your trouble.”
I like M. Mabie’s version of trouble. I like it very much. This book. I don’t think I have ever gone into a book and not expected a thing. But seriously, I had no expectations. All I was told was that it was a roller coaster ride and be prepared for a cliffhanger. Ok not a big deal, I’ve read books like that, but no one warned me about this book like they should have. I read this book five days ago, and I can’t get it out of my mind. It’s got all the things I love to hate in a book- cliffhanger, cheating, fighting, love triangles, and angst- oh holy crap, the angst. My heart hurt so bad after this book, and truth be told I couldn’t (and still kind of haven’t) find a book to get into after this one. I loved every single thing about this book, and I hated every single thing about this book. It is a book you have to experience for yourself, and I hope I do this review justice and not give a thing away, because I feel like as a reader, it is my civic duty to let you read this book only knowing a few things.

“No one wanted to be the guy the girl regretted. I wanted to be the guy she couldn’t get enough of. The one she never forgot. I wanted to raise the bar for which ever other man was measured against.”


One, it will gut you- there’s no stopping it, it’s like a runaway train and you will feel like a fish in a net- no escaping it, YOU.WILL.BE.GUTTED. Two, it makes you feel all the feels. You know all the feelings you hide deep inside when you read a book? Like a love scene- you might blush and say “oh my,” or a book that has someone die and a lone tear falls down your cheek? Or maybe the main characters get together but fight and have moments of weakness? This book has you feeling all those feels- TIMES A THOUSAND. And finally, three, you may think you know what you like or love in a book- mine is a happy story, with steamy sex scenes where the boy always gets the girl and they live happily ever after in their ranch style home with two kids, boy and girl of course, and a sweet little puppy- just to have it shattered into a billion tiny pieces. Because you don’t know SHIT about what you like or love in a book. Have those sweet, cute little expectations wrapped up in a little package and prepare to toss them out the damn window. This is the love child of all angsty/cliffy books ever; prepare yourself to never be the same. (or at least I won’t be anyway….)


“The purr she made when I positioned her body underneath mine for that first time added minutes to my life.”




























One night. One stolen glance. One forbidden romance. And it’ll mean nothing come morning, or will it? that’s the story of Blake and Casey. Met one night out of chance- Casey is the twin of Cory- the guy dating Blake’s best friend Micah. Blake is dating Grant and tries to stay away from Casey if at all possible, because of her ties to Grant. But there is something about him.

“My moves are potent. You’ve been warned, honeybee.”
Casey is like the epitome of book boyfriend love. He’s got the character, the attitude, the lines. He has it all. And yet- he doesn’t have Blake.

“The water was hot. My hand was slow. My eyes were screwed shut. My mind was with her.”

Blake is a strong woman, yes- in certain aspects. Strong enough to resist Casey? You’ll just have to see.

“I want you tonight. You’ve got something I need. I don’t know what it is. I’m probably crazy. Humor me though, “he sighed, then said, “be with me.”


I tried to make this review as easy and spoiler free as possible. All you have to know is, you will love this book, it will forever change your thoughts on how a love story should be written, and days later you’ll still wake up and think- what would Betty and Lou do?? Well- aren’t you ready to find out?




*recieved and ARC for honest review, and sadly i can't take credit for these graphics!! they are awesome though *

No comments:

Post a Comment