Monday, September 8, 2014

My 5 Star Review of Good Wood

My 5 star review of Good Wood

Note to self- sometimes a book cover and a title is all it takes for me to purchase a book. And this was one of those instances. Michelle and LG are new authors to me, even though they have works out separately, this is the first book of them collaborating together. And I absolutely loved it. It’s a love story- one I will not soon forget. that cover is so gorgeous- it made me want to know the characters! And how could you not love the title!













“It’s the sign of a true artisan when he can create something beautiful from what others consider trash. It takes heart to the take the most twisted bit of scrap and make something from it as if it were good wood.

It starts out in the point of view of Joe. Ah- Joe. I love him. I hate what happens to him though. Living with his pregnant wife, Jess. Jess goes out that night and gets into a car accident- and the outcome is not a good one. Then we fast forward three years later. Joe is not the same man he used to be. Filling his life with booze, women, and questionable decisions, to fill the void that Jessica left. And as flawed as Joe is, he still makes a killer hero, with fantastic, protective, alpha qualities we all love.

“I don’t know who it was that said that time heals all wounds, but they were full of s***. Time dulls your memory. But the pain increases with the guilt of forgetting details that were once so precious to you.”

At the construction site where he works, a new food truck pulls in the lot, and he will never be the same. Little does he know the younger sister of his twin best friends, owns and operates this truck- and has a pretty horrible past relationship as well. I smell angst- from a mile away already!

Molly- wow, what a heroine. One of my favorite parts is when she sees him again for the first time after being away for a while-
“My greedy eyes devoured him like a bulimic inhaling a fudge brownie.”

I felt what she was feeling! I loved her- she was fearless when it came to her little food truck business.
and when she starts serving food at her brothers construction site- she comes upon Joe. Joe, who she has had a massive crush on for years. Especially when she was younger- she hasn’t seen him in years- and knows nothing of his tragic past. And when Joe sees Molly again, he thinks they have messed around previously- and doesn’t recognize her.

Both of these characters are flawed- Molly with her ex, who is a creepy stalker, and that’s putting it mildly, and Joe’s sordid past with his wife. It is all so heartbreaking, but at the same time- hopeful. I really wanted them to work out, because they were just perfect for each other. I knew that they could heal each other- if they gave one another a chance, and thank God they do. They both grew so much over the course of the book. Joe battling his demons, and Molly also. I feel like they really fought for each other.

“Life is short, baby girl. I don’t want to waste another minute without you.”

I really enjoyed the secondary characters, Molly’s workers- Dirty Sanchez and Stacy. They were hilarious- I could use a spin off with them! And of course Molly’s brothers- Mac and Mason, and Joe’s sister Tamz, were all written perfectly and really added to the depth of the story.

And hello, when can I get a Wrapgasmic Wrap? Molly’s food truck- had some great sandwichs- loved when she named one after Joe- especially after her called her truck “an overpriced roach coach!”
I also loved all of Molly’s friends!! And when Joe sees her at the Rockabilly shindig all dolled up, hands down, I wished I was a fly on the wall for that one!!


I cannot wait for MollyWood, I want to get lost there- just like Joe. And no, this book is not really a cliffhanger- you just want more, and I am so excited for the second installment in the Carved Hearts Series. This is a book I won’t soon forget!

Purchase links for Good Wood- 99 cent sale!!!!
Amazon---> http://amzn.to/YqkLbV
























Add MollyWood to your GoodReads!

No comments:

Post a Comment